Search 2.0

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

32 week drama

  Last week ended with me in the hospital for abdominal and back pain, These last 2 months of pregnancy you really dont ignore anything unusual and when you call the hospital they are more likely to tell you just to come in to be safe, Well thats what happened to me, I hadnt had the pain i had been feeling before in my pregnancy so i was worried and called in, They strapped me in to the heart monitor and the contraction monitor to check the baby and make sure i wasnt having contractions ( witch it turned out i wasnt having any whatsoever) And babys heart rate was great so they ask me a few questions and waited for some test results to come back on my urine, and once they did it ended up being a kidney stone (Another one of those things no one tells you is common during pregnancy) VERY painful but not to serious so i got to go back home for the night, I didnt not sleep at all because of the pain in my back mostly, it almost felt like i had appendicitis (witch is impossible because i got it a few years back and had my appendix out) but luckily by 7 the next morning the pain had gone from my back and my cramped abdomen didnt feel so bad after that.

Then to begin this week (32nd week) i started getting very suddenly dizzy and lightheaded and i was a little worried so i called my mother, She has delivered babies as a midwife (even though it isn't her profession it is a passion of hers) and has had 7 kids of her own and over half of us were born at home without a doctor, So i figured she should know why i would be feeling dizzy, Well she had many guesses all of witch seemed a good possibility such as a lack of nutrients, dehydration, hunger and ext, I personally thought it was anemia so i got some Blackstrape molasses (high in iron) and mixed a few spoonfuls into some milk and drank that and i also picked up some iron vitamins with some vitamin c (vitamin c helps your body absorb iron better)
to just take with my prenatal vitamins.

Alot of weird things can happen during pregnancy and no one seems to tell you but so far this has been the most dramatic things to happen to me personally, so i hope the next 8 weeks arent as bad as the last 2..

No comments:

Post a Comment